Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

So today is my amazing mothers birthday! She is just shy of 60, turning 59 this year, and she is not afraid to remind of you such. She has already corrected me several times... :) But I guess she has valid reasoning. Anyways, I dont think she ever reads this, but if she does one day, I want her to know how much I love and adore her. She is the most amazing mother anyone could ever ask for. We've been through alot together, being a teenager and all, but she has always been there for me and been a great example. Remembering back when I was younger, and I think/hope every kid says this once in their lives said that they will never be like their mother, including me. But now that I'm all grown up (hehe) I hope I can be like my mom someday. Here's a few memories of my mom that I have growing up and hope to never forget.....

~Homemade cinnamon rolls
~Family Home Evenings with the flannel board
~Going to Washington DC to visit my aunt Jan
~Vacuuming while I was try to sleep.... everyday
~Grocery shopping at midnight on Saturdays
~Many LAGOON trips that my mom actively participated in, even almost getting kicked off the flying aces
~Being obssesed with her yard, even making me sweep the road on several occasions (isnt the road supposed to have rocks??)

and many many more...! She is such a happy and amazing person.... I am so lucky to have her as my mom! If you havent had a chance to know her, you are missing out! She is the type of person that will leave you with a lasting impression, someone that you will never forget! She is also so beautiful, inside and out... and thats why all her kids are so hot :) hehe Anyways, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you, hope you enjoy your new laminator, laminate away.... :)



1 comment:

Christensen's said...

Oh Merlyn.... that's the wrong spelling, I can tell. Dang. She makes me laugh, I love your Mom. Tell her Happy Birthday for me. Dude let's craft next week! I think I wanna hit up a craft store or two Saturday if you wanna come!