Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas

Christmas came so fast this year and went even faster! For Christmas Eve we went over to my aunts house and had a yummy dinner and did a little Christmas program after. The kids, and a few adults, acted out the nativity scene and it was so cute! They all get dressed up in their character and it was so fun.

Claire and her cousin Taiya were so fascinated by each other, it was hilarious. They just sat on my moms lap and stared at each other and would occasionally try and touch each others faces. It was so cute.


Claire and Kole chilled on the couch while we all ate dinner. Trying to get 1 kid to look at the camera is hard enough, let alone 2! Obviously neither were interested here! haha

We stayed at my parents house while we were visiting so after the party we all headed home for bed. Claire was beat! Christmas was soo much different with a child. Although Claire honestly had no idea what was going on it was so fun to watch her play with all her toys from Santa and Mom and Dad. I'm pretty sure all the toys actually overwhelmed her at one moment because she wasn't sure what to play with. She got to wear her cute new holiday pj's while she stared at all her gifts :)

We woke up around 8 on Christmas morning and opened up all Claire's gifts before my family all came over.




She got some fun toys from Santa and clothes from us! Once all the kids got to my parents we all opened gifts from each other! We draw names each year and do gifts for one other person. Jacob and I both got some fun things!




I mostly got clothes and jewelery, my fav and Jacob got clothes and knife he's been dying to have! After gifts we were able to hang out and play games and just relax.





Later that night we went to Jacob's aunt Shauna's for Christmas dinner! It's so fun to have everyone together even though I was stuffed before I even got there! Claire got spoiled there with more toys and attention!






After the party we went home and all crashed! Way too much excitement for one day; Claire had had it! She was soo excited to get in her bed for her 12 hour slumber, or maybe that was her parents :) While we were in SLC we also went and saw the lights at Temple Square. This is always a favorite of mine! I'm not really sure why because I hate being cold and am never prepared to be outside in the freezing cold but I always love going.This year I wore my coat and then Jacob's on top of mine so I look ginormous, but at least I was somewhat warm. Claire was so fascinated this year with all the lights, she just laid there and stared as we strolled around.









All in all it was a fabulous holiday! We were able to stay in SLC the week after Christmas as well while Jacob had a work training in Draper. We had so much fun playing with the family and friends and enjoying a little time away from real life! Thanks everyone for all the fun, I love the Christmas season! Now back to the daily grind of life! Luckily the weather isn't in the teens here in St. George... a week of that in SLC was plenty for me! Another reason I'm reminded why I love living here! :)

No comments: