Thursday, September 8, 2011

Midway Family Reunion 2011

We changed the Montague family reunion this year from Pineview to Midway/Deer Creek and it was a total blast! We set up camp in Cole and Brit's backyard in Midway! Jacob and I just purchased a new tent so we were able to use it for the first time and it was amazing! It's a 9 man tent, huge I know, but it doesn't slope on the sides so its so roomy! Love, Love, Love. Claire wasn't quite as convinced. She had rough sleep both nights in the tent and cried and finally ended up on the air mattress with me.

Our first night there I rode their horse! I haven't ridden a horse since I was little, and I'm actually quite terrified of them. Cole was getting it out so I decided to give it a ride!


Claire was freakin' out when I got on to ride. Not sure if it scared her or what... but she totally started screaming!

It was actually really fun. It's crazy how high up you are when you ride.

After the horse we had dinner, made a little campfire, played some games and talked till the wee hours of the morning!


Saturday we spent the whole day at Deer Creek riding wave runners, going on the boat, and, of course, soaking up some sun. Claire, again, was in heaven! She couldn't get enough of the water.




There wasn't much of a beach so we played in the water a bunch. She HATES her life jacket with a passion. If you can distract her while you put it on, she wont notice it for like 15 minutes, but once she does she is not a fan!




We just put her in the raft and she floated all around and loved it. Not to mention, she looked adorable in her new swimming suit from Aunt Wendy!






We also had a yummy lunch on the shore! Something about swimming and water that makes a hoagie sandwich taste like gold!


So I've talked about Claire's obsession with animals on here before, but it is so dang cute. My father-in-law had his cute little shiatsu puppy up in Midway with us and Claire was dying. Cole and Brit have 2 labs as well and so Claire just followed all 3 dogs around the yard all day long. The little one Claire would try and pick up and cuddle. I was dying. I so wish we could get her a little dog; it would keep her so occupied! Haha


I seriously have the best in-laws! We always have so much fun together! Thanks everyone who makes it possible! Can't wait till next year!

No comments: