Sunday, July 5, 2009

Denver Trip #3- Day 1

I guess this is technically Day #2, but I got here late Friday night so I'm not counting that! I'm here again in Denver and having so much fun. I got here late Friday night and am staying till Monday. We got up Saturday morning so excited for the 4th of July Festivities. We researched a little and found what we thought to be a little celebration in a nearby town called "Golden". So we got all ready and grabbed our blankets and jackets considering the downpour that was supposed to occur later on and headed out. Its about a 30 min drive so it wasn't too bad. When we got there we were so confused, we couldnt find the festivities anywhere. So we parked and walked along main street and looked at all the cute shops along the way. There was this cool Indian store and I couldn't resister taking a picture of this.


After trecking all over town we stopped and asked someone where it all was going on. We finally found the spot and boy was it nothing like we expected, like not even close. People had brought like tents and BBQ's and all that jazz and there were those blow up jumpers for little kids and that was it. Apparantly it was like an "entertain yourself" type of thing which we werent really planning on. Not to mention it was a bit trashy... lol... so we walked around for a bit and took in the scenery and headed home. We were so bummed but oh well. It started downpouring on the way home, so we were glad we left. We sat in the car for like 15 min when we got home, hoping the rain would stop, but now such luck. I ran like 2 feet to the apartment door and was soaking wet. It was insane!!

We came home and watched a movie and headed to the hot tub. After that we found some firworks close by that were supposed to be really good. They were seriously some of the best fireworks I have every seen. They like started out with a finally (spell??) type deal and then they lasted for like 30 minutes and then had a HUGE finally at the end. They were so pretty! It was fun spending our first 4th of July married in Colorado, something memorable I guess. So while we waited we took a few pics... of course!!


Now its Sunday and we are off to church soon in hopes of some good weather later!

2 comments:

Christensen's said...

So Brian was just in here when I pulled up your blog to read it and we both DIED when we saw your picture next to the Indian. I love it! And I can't wait for you to get back so we can hang out and sew. And dinner with you and Erin for your bdays!

Anonymous said...

How fun! These pictures are so cute! Love ya and see you Saturday!