Saturday, March 21, 2009

Moving....

So I'm not sure why I havent posted about this yet, but I guess I'll do it now! Me and Jacob are moving! Crazy how life can change in a matter of a couple of weeks! Its all kinda confusing but here is the dealio! Our contract in our apartment isnt up till September but we are getting out of it early and moving in with.... my Grandpa Pete! :) Things with Jacob's job arent as consistent as they used to be, not as much work with the stupid economy, so we needed to start looking for something different! Heber and Park City have like no jobs... at least that we are somewhat interested in, so I started looking in Salt Lake for him! And it all just fell into place from there. Missy and Kirk are just about to finish their house and will be moving out of my grandpas soon, so we decided to move on it after they left! It works out perfect cuz we needed to a place to live and wanted to save money and he is getting older and we dont want him to live alone! But here is the other twist, we have also decided to move to Denver for the summer and do Secruity Systems with my brother! Jacob has done electrical the past 8 months and is getting a pretty good knowledge of it, so he would be going with my brother and installing most of the alarms they sell! So we move at the end of this month, so next week, and are living with my sister for a few weeks till Missy and Kirk finish their house and move from my grandpas! Then Jacob is off to Denver at the end of April and I am still here with my sister! Then I'm moving into my granpas and not leaving for Denver till the first of July!!!! :( Its gonna suck being apart for so long, but I think it will be worth it in the end money wise! I'm gonna stay at my job at the bank and just try to make extra money so we can save save save!! When Jacob was working out of town I was only seeing him on the weekends anyways so I'm hoping I can do this for 2 months.. wish me luck! So anywhoo... we are in the middle of packing and it SUPER SUCKS!!!! Like seriously, I've moved a few times in my life, but only a room never a whole freakin house! We have so much junk that I dont even know where it all came from! We have only been married for like 6 months and we already have so much stuff! Plus, we are moving it into a storage unit so I'm being way OCD about what goes in each box so that its super organized and I can find it easy if needs be! PS. its driving Jacob crazy! :) I cant help it though, I can just see myself needing something and having to open up like 50 boxes just to find it! Nope, not happening! So here is what our apartment looks like now, its a disaster... but whatevs!

Its been kinda nice cuz we have gone through some old stuff and de-junked stuff I'm not sure why I ever saved! After Jacob went through some of his stuff, I come out of the bedroom to find this!

At least he's having fun! Lol He's been such a good sport through all of this and has been so helpful! He's so great to just put up with all the little OCD things about me! haha cuz I have a few.... :)

This is our first packing day's worth of boxes and trust me, its grown! The big stuff is easy to pack, its when you get down to the odds and ends, I'm just not always sure what to do with all of them! But anyways, thats the news! We will no longer be residence or Heber City in about 1 week! Yay! Im excited to be down in the city again, Jacob... not so much! Heber is nice but its kinda boring! We havent really made any friends so we mostly just hang out with Jacob's fam and ourselves! We will miss them tons, its been really fun having them close! Anyways, this is quite long enough! If any of you are dying to unload couches, tables, boxes etc.... call us! I think I can arrange it! lol JK!

4 comments:

Christensen's said...

K we should plan a trip to the wood connection together sometime. Maybe even on our craft night? Wow i'm such a nerd these days! Yes and I found my phone. YAHOO!

Jospeh and Brittany said...

hey I work at Elite with your brother and I saw your hubby come in today. Are you guys going out to sell???? that is so fun:) I wish you were coming to san antonio with us:):) are you coming to dinner with us tonight??????

Jennifer Mello said...

Hi, this is Jennifer Mello from Newport, RI. After much looking I finally found the Christmas letter you guys sent me with Jacob's e-mail. So I wrote a long e-mail (with pics even) but it's been returned to me...as has the wedding card/gift I mailed to you guys the beginning of January. So please ask Jacob to drop me a note with a better address (I think your mailman must hate you and that's why he wouldn't deliver the card from me!) and e-mail address.

Carlye & Jacob said...

Hey Sister Mello,
My email address is jmontague12@hotmail.com! If you want to email me there I can give you my address and phone number and we can get in contact! Sorry about the previous hassle, its good to hear from you.